You cannot talk about the history of Nigeria’s Nollywood movie industry without mentioning the legendary Pete Edochie proverbs. Born in Enugu, Eastern Nigeria, the veteran actor has starred in countless movies and has won many awards.
One thing synonymous with Pete Edochie no matter the role he plays is his use of proverbs. Whether he is playing ‘Igwe’, a mogul, head of a dark society or a chronic ritualist, he never fails to drop one or two legendary proverbs. Below are the some of the most iconic Pete Edochie proverbs you can’t help but laugh at.
- Top 10 Signs a Nigerian Man Wants to Marry You
- 10 Hip-Hop facts You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Top 20 Robert Mugabe Quotes, Looking Back into His Life
Most Legendary Pete Edochie Proverbs
- Whoever presents his own head to break coconut will not partake in the eating of it.
- The little opportunity given opportunity given to a monkey to wear clothes does not guarantee it to join the dining table.
- When the cock is drunk, he forgets about the hawk.
- No matter how kind a man is, he will never give his wife as a gift to his friends.
- The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.
- The buttocks are like married couple, though there is constant friction between them, they will still love and live together.
- A man who hangs around a beautiful girl without saying a word ends up fetching water for guests at her wedding.
- If something that was going to chop off your head only knocks off your cap, you should be grateful.
- Drinking Garri doesn’t mean you are poor, but allowing it to swell before drinking is poverty.
- The Frowning of a he-goat does not stop it from being priced.
- If a man wants to grow a long tooth, he should have the lip to cover it.
- The death of a lion cannot be announced by a goat.
- Girls are like mangoes. While you are waiting for them to ripen, others are eating them with salt.
- A person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market.
- When a goat laughs upon hearing that a lion is around, one needs to find out what grass it has been eating.
- When the house-rat starts calling itself bushmeat because it is getting fat, it has started passing its boundary.
- By the time the fool has learnt the game, the players have dispersed.
- As powerful as a king is, he cannot command anyone to pass faeces for him.
- A man who swallows a whole coconut has a complete faith in his anus.
- The cow in a hurry to go to America will come back as a corned beef.
Now that we’ve quoted some of the greatest Pete Edochie proverbs, if you really want to hear him say some of them, you should check out his filmography.