Dubai is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. Located in the UAE, Dubai is a beautiful city with warm weather. Dubai is well known for having the tallest building in the world – the Burj Khalifa, the amazing Safari Desert and many other recreational centres. In this post, we will guide you on how to apply for Dubai visa from Nigeria.
Dubai visa for Nigerians is one of the easiest to get in the world. Dubai is an accommodating city and its leading source of revenue is gotten from tourist activities. Some countries do not require a visa to enter Dubai but Nigerians do. You can apply at the Emirates office in Lagos, the Dubai Visa Application Centre or even online as long as you the required documents. Travellers can apply for visa a maximum of 2 months before departure date and a minimum of one week before the departure date.
Type of Dubai Visas
- 48 Hours Visa – You are eligible to stay in the UAE for a maximum of 48 hours. This type of visa is best suited for business meetings or those interested in taking stopovers en route to their onward journey. It is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- 96 Hours Visa – You are eligible to stay in the UAE for a period of less than 4 days. This type of visa is best suited for travelers who want to get things done within days. It is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- 14 Days Visa (short-term visit, single entry) – This is a non-extendable visa and it is valid for 14 days from the date of issue.
- 30 Days Visa (short-term visit, single entry) – You are allowed to stay in the UAE for a period of 30 days, the visa is extendable twice for 30 days at a cost of AED850 each. Validity period is 58 days from the date of issue.
- 90 Days Visa – This visa is for those planning to have a longer stay in the UAE. It is valid for 58 days from the date of issue and is extendable twice for 30 days at a cost of AED850 each.
- Top 10 Visa-Free Countries for Nigerians
- 10 Cheapest Cities in the World
- Top 10 Most Powerful Passports in Africa
How Much is Dubai Visa? – Visa Costs
- 96 Hours Visa – N23,000
- 14 Days Visa – N30,000
- 30 Days Visa – N30,000
- 90 Days Visa – N63,000
- 30 Days Multi Entry Short. Term Visa – N61,000
- 90 Days Multi Entry Long Term Visa – N154,000
- Cancellation Fee – 8,400
Payments are to be made at the VFS Dubai Visa Application Centre. You are required to obtain your electronic receipt when making the payment.
Dubai Visa Requirements
The below listed documents are necessary for your application to go through.
- A valid Nigerian passport.
- Photocopies of your ID card and passport (including valid and expired visas).
- Visa application form (which must be filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant).
- A copy of a confirmed itinerary (round trip tickets). Visitors without a return ticket might be refused entry at the airport.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of financial status – a copy of your recent bank statement.
- For tourists: A letter from your employer, stating that you have been granted leave and that you will be returning to your job when you get back. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business registration and tax documents.
- For visitors visiting a relative or friend, you must provide a letter of invitation from your host. The letter should include the contact information of your host, address, signature, and date; a copy of their UAE passport information page or residence permit.
- A copy of hotel reservation.
- For the short term 30-day visitor visa, the main applicant must be of high profession and must provide evidence of the profession.
Where to Apply for Dubai Visa in Nigeria
Applications can be processed and submitted at the VFS Processing Cente in Lagos:
Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout
Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I,
Phone Number – +2348150188800
Visa Application Time
Mondays to Fridays
8AM – 3PM
I hope this article has been helpful. This is how to apply for Dubai visa from Nigeria.